Summary of SB 907:
- SB 907 (Pan) improves access to healthy foods for all California families, regardless of income, as well as increases the number of farmers’ markets throughout California.
- Makes it easier for certified farmers’ markets in California to provide electronic benefits transfer (EBT) services to support families in need of food assistance.
- Increases CalFresh access at farmers’ markets which helps small and mid-sized farmers.
- Allows more low-income households to access locally grown, affordable, fresh and healthy food.
Social Media Calls To Action:
- Promote the coalition sign on Google Form for SB 907 Coalition amongst your partners
- Promote the SB 907 Webpage
Proposed Twitter Language:
- Farmers’ markets provide affordable, healthy, fresh, and nutritious foods and should be accessible to all Californians regardless of income status. If you agree, join our #SB907 (@DrPanMD) coalition to combat food insecurity: https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
- We’ve partnered w/ @DrPanMD, @nextgen_policy & @AlchemistCDC to expand EBT access to all certified CA farmers’ markets. All Californians deserve #LEAF: Local Equitable Access to Food! That’s why we signed on as a proud sponsor of #SB907. Join us! https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
- #SB907 (@DrPanMD) is all about EQUITY! When we expand EBT access at certified CA farmers’ markets we can provide Local Equitable Access to Food (#LEAF) to families who need it most AND support small to mid-sized farmers. #JointheMovement Today: https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
(Click the Graphic to Download)