Summary of SB 907:
- SB 907 (Pan) improves access to healthy foods for all California families, regardless of income, as well as increases the number of farmers’ markets throughout California.
- Makes it easier for certified farmers’ markets in California to provide electronic benefits transfer (EBT) services to support families in need of food assistance.
- Increases CalFresh access at farmers’ markets which helps small and mid-sized farmers.
- Allows more low-income households to access locally grown, affordable, fresh and healthy food.
Social Media Calls To Action:
- Promote the coalition sign on Google Form for SB 907 Coalition amongst your partners
- Promote the SB 907 Webpage
Proposed Facebook Language:
- There are many barriers to providing CalFresh at farmers’ markets in California, including high administrative costs, and additionally staffing needs – farmers’ markets already operate on such thin margins. Because of this, many farmers’ markets in California do not go through the process of offering EBT access to the families who need it most, stripping away vital, equitable access to healthy nutritious food. Join our SB 907 (@RichardPanMD) coalition today to help our CA families and farmers thrive! https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
- Our SB 907 (@RichardPanMD) LEAF (Local Equitable Access to Food) Coalition is fighting to improve access to healthy foods for all California families, regardless of income, as well as increase the number of CA certified farmers’ markets offering EBT in underserved communities throughout our state. Join our LEAF coalition today to help our CA families and farmers thrive! https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
- We’ve partnered with @RichardPanMD, @NextgenPolicy_CA & @AlchemistCDC to expand EBT access to all certified CA farmers’ markets. All Californians deserve #LEAF: Local Equitable Access to Food! That’s why we signed on as a proud sponsor of #SB907. Please join us! https://go.nextgenpolicy.org/KWKX
(Click the Graphic to Download)